Thursday, January 31, 2019

4 Books that Shaped Me

This is fun....When I first thought of this topic I was like I don't know I love books how can I choose just a few.  Then within minutes they popped in my head, so here goes. 

You Can Heal You Life - Louise Hay 



What can I say I found this book when I was at a low point in my life.  I had my daughter out of wedlock and I was doing this single mom thing thinking no one would ever want this hot mess in their life.  I went on a self discovery mission.  I found this book and even went to a workshop about it.  My most touching memory about it was the fact that we all have to be our own best friend and if you ignore that self you loss out on a lot.  The teaching was to really look in your own eyes in the mirror learn to say I love you to yourself. 

Harry Potter -


These books taught me how to just love ready again and to dream.  I am still to this day I lover of the Harry Potter books re-reading them just to have the adventures of Harry in my life. 

Siddhartha - Hermann Hesse 

This book was recommended to me by a co-worker that had read it in high school and said this is a book he has reread in his life.  And I can completely understand that.  This really is just a book about a mans journey but in the end it was the discovery of peace and love.  That is all we need... no reason to judge others.

Bible - 


In 2012, for the first time in my life I read the whole Bible.  Its funny I had memorized verses of the Bible.  I knew how to look up things in the Bible but I had never read it from cover to cover.  I bought a 1 year Bible and I made notes as I went and highlighted things that touched me.  I discovered that at different points in my life different things jump out to me as important.  I need to revisit this practice...

3 comments:

Katie said...

Great choices. I don't think I've ever read a serious book haha. I'm serious. I read for pleasure and not enough at that. I am trying. I've been reading a bit more already this year. Thanks for sharing your reasons.

Astrids dragon said...

Oh yes, I've read HP several times, they're great!
I started with one year Bible this year too, but I'm already behind.
The other two look interesting, glad they helped you.

Julie said...

Harry Potter fan here too.

August WIPocalypse

Its that time of the month again, where I check in with this group that is doing the WIPocalypse SAL  You can check out the other posts here...