Thursday, January 24, 2019

Bloggers That Inspire

I am loving this blogging thing and I want to give a couple shout outs to the ladies that got me started....

My lovely Katie... dragonsluver.blogspot.com/ I met Katie through my sister, we all have interest in cross stitching and geocaching.

She has encouraged me to restart on this path of blogging for a couple of years.  I would ask questions at the annual cross stitch retreat when I would see her and this year it just stuck.  Following her blog has been an inspiration to just be me when blogging and know that I could share my life, thoughts, and love of all things I do.  Thank you Katie, I really don't think I would have ever done this again without our talks and your help.  I always want to have everything just right before I do something and you were like "just do it" and learn as you go.  You are a blessing in my life.

The other lady I want to give a shout out to has no idea who I am but I have followed her since about 2009.  Erica from Confessions of a Homeschooler .

When my daughter was born I was a single mom working 2nd shift with the future looking like that was where I would be for the long haul.  I started researching homeschool as an option so that I would still be in my daughters life.  We practiced in pre-k then went on to do a couple of years.  The problem is I couldn't get her to read so I gave in, and placed her in public school for 3 yrs. then after that time period they closed her school.  The school she would have to go into was not where I wanted to send her, so that is when I found Erica.  She had amazing ideas and her blog was encouraging.  I still to this day follow her though I am past the homeschooling thing.  She is a quilter and that is something I am dipping my toes into.  She also has a You Tube channel and it was fun to watch her and her family for VLOGmas. 



So with much love thank you for stopping by to learn a little more about my world.





5 comments:

Katie said...

Aw Janet Thank you very much. I'm so glad you are seeing why I love blogging so much. The community is amazing. You are doing fantastic. I was so thankful it worked for us to homeschool too. Perfect fit for us.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Katie is a fabulous person, I quite agree!

We are lucky that both my boys go to schools which are right for them. The system is very different in the UK and School has helped them become more independent. I would definitely homeschool if we couldn't get the right setting. I've seen too many miserable kids who would have been much happier in an alternative kind of school.

Astrids dragon said...

Katie is a treasure, I'm so glad she encouraged you! I went to meet her last year in PA as they were touring around after a retreat, lucky me!
How wonderful for you to find someone to help you out while homeschooling, whether she knows it or not!

Cathy said...

I also enjoy Katie's blog. In fact it's one of my favorites. Neither my daughter or granddaughter were home schooled, but both were at schools that were right for them. Especially my granddaughter who has a learning disability.

Julie said...

Katie is a lovely lady.

August WIPocalypse

Its that time of the month again, where I check in with this group that is doing the WIPocalypse SAL  You can check out the other posts here...