Friday, January 11, 2019

#Made for More

So I did this thing this week (Jan 9, 2019) and I am super excited to share but I would like to first give you a little history on it.

Summer of 2018, I kept hearing about this book "Girl Wash Your Face" by Rachel Hollis.  It is kind of a motivational get your stuff together book.  I am all about personal development, I had to have it!  I am in love with her message and the book was fun to read.  Then I processed to follow her on all social media platforms.  This women is amazing, she gives straightforward in your face advice. 


She holds a conference called "Rise" it is a personal growth conference that as she explains is like a women's church conference without the church part.  She brings women together and helps them grow as a person and want to be part of this community that she has.  Here's the thing I sooo want to go to this conference but it is crazy expensive and not happening for me.

I find out she has taken this conference and made the highlights into a documentary.  They were playing it in theaters for 2 days in 2019.  I decided I was going no matter what.  It was almost sold out when I ordered my ticket but I was in....



I went to this all by myself, I laughed and cried during this whole thing.  She just wants to empower women and teach you to be good to yourself.  She throws out awesome ideas and techniques to help you on this journey.  I am going to give a few examples....



Embrace your past---my scars heal but they are still here....  I am a beautiful warrior!!!



Give yourself credit for what you have done in your life.


Make a playlist that makes you happy.  This can turn your mood around!!!

Give yourself 1 hour a day for 5 days a week for whatever you want to do.


Once a week check in with yourself.


All of these are tools to use to set yourself up for success.   She has the follow up to this book coming out in March 2019 "Girl Stop Apologizing" and the documentary will be on Amazon Prime soon.

I want to encourage and recommend both books and the documentary to anyone that wants to next level herself.  We have to get better about how we treat ourselves.  I can have some very negative thoughts go through my brain and it can mess with me at times.  I try to remember a friend would never talk to me like that and I have to be my best friend so I can't believe those nasty thoughts. 

Thank you for reading this post and I just want to tell you I love you for being you.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I have always apologized to people way too much. I heard once there are two different ways to say sorry. I'm sorry I did it. I'm sorry it happened. But I realized I apologize all the time. I think even though I mean I'm sorry it happened I try to take some of the pain onto myself to help the person I'm talking to. So lately I've been really focusing on changing my words. I express I care but don't use the sorry word. It's too bad that happened. That's a hard situation to deal with. Honestly just taking out the word sorry has made me feel better. I'm glad you got to attend the movie. Good luck following the messages.

StitchThrifty said...

Thank you for sharing, I had never heard of Rachel Hollis, I will have to get a copy of that book. I discovered she also has YouTube videos, so those will be on my playlist to listen to. I agree on the I'm sorry, I have been training (work in progress) myself to not do this. It is a bad habit. It can make you seem weak, insecure, indecisive and can be a space filler almost like "um".I have especially seen in the workplace that not using it is a better practice and gains more respect. I also have a bad habit for apologizing for my emotions, like I should not have them or something!! Silly me! Well we are all works-in-progress, so we just have to educate and do better. Lot's of love to you and have a fabulous week.

Julie said...

Thanks for the recommendation, I could do with a little nudge from her. I'll look up the book.

August WIPocalypse

Its that time of the month again, where I check in with this group that is doing the WIPocalypse SAL  You can check out the other posts here...