Friday, January 4, 2019

My Why???

So I wanted to pop on here and tell you a little about "why" I wanted to blog.

First, I feel I need to give you a little history.  For the audience that remembers My Space on that platform I was journaling about my weight loss surgery process, both the before and after.  When My Space was on the way out , I started a blog and moved all those posted over the Blogger.  That led me to just started blogging about my life.  I was hit or miss and in the process I moved....  well I lost access to that blog due to changing email addresses and not being able to recover it.  Why am I telling you this... basically to say I have been interested in this blogging thing since about 2006.

Fast-forward to the Fall 2018, My friend Katie was talking to me at our annual cross stitch retreat that I should really start blogging again.  The funny thing is that for about the last year I had been thinking about starting a Podcast because I wanted to reach out to young teenagers and women to empower them to be their best selves.

My reason for this is really that I feel like I have been through different chapters of my life and I felt that I could maybe help...  I have been morbidly obese, loss best friends in my 20s to death and murder, a single mother, a blended family, and now unfortunately I have experienced the loss of  my mother/best friend.  I feel if I can help anyone then maybe this is my purpose.

I am always working on self-improvement and self-discovery.  I am continue learning different things (this as an example).  But mostly I just try to live a positive life and hope that this rubs off on others around me. 

SO you may ask what are you going to find on here.....  to be honest, it will vary.  I am going to be posting about my hobbies (cross stitching and reading), my life interest of helping others when that pops up, and random stuff because that is me to a "T"

7 comments:

Katie said...

I love spreading good just like you. We are two peas in a pod girl. I always wanted to journal and blogging was just perfect for me. I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it too and I could give you a kick in the right direction. I look forward to seeing what you do next. You know I'll be cheering you along.

StitchThrifty said...

Welcome to the blog world, I just picked my blog back up as it gives me joy, more joy than many of the other online social interactions. So I have decide to blog for ME. I am also a stitcher. I look forward to seeing your journey.

Janet said...

Thank you...I am also just looking forward to a different social media experience.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great explanation. I blog because I always felt I was taking over other people's posts on the forum and I wanted a space for my voice. Also, you needed a blog to do the TUSAL! I always tell Daffycat my blog is her fault!

Terri said...

Hi Janet! I *think* we have met before, but not sure. Are you Annette's sister? If so, we met at a retreat several years ago. I haven't been able to come to one for quite a few years due to taking care of my parents. I have a blog too, but won't be posting much for a while due to no internet! I do read blogs from work (Ssshhhhh!) and will post the occasional comment. So, welcome back to blogging!

Terri said...

P.S. Love the dog!!

Janet said...

Yes, Annette is my sister and I am sure we met at a retreat. Thank you stopping by and checking out my blog, I am very excited abt it. And yes my puppy can be everyoto me with my kids growing and doing their thing. Also cherish those times with your parents we lost our mom a little over a year ago.

August WIPocalypse

Its that time of the month again, where I check in with this group that is doing the WIPocalypse SAL  You can check out the other posts here...