Saturday, January 5, 2019

New Starts

Lots of New Starts for Me

So I am doing this thing....  I have decided besides starting to blog this year I am going to take my cross stitching to a different level. 

What do I mean by that, I have joined a couple of stitch-a-longs (SAL) that will let me begin to become part of a community of people that enjoy the same hobby has me.  I am so excited about this new start!!!

I want to chat a bit about the excitement and challenge I encounter when I start a new project.  If you know me this will not surprise you in the least bit.  But I have to organize and gather everything I need for the project I want to begin.  I even "check out" the threads I will need from my storage system of my DMC threads.  (I am attaching a picture to understand.)
 



Once I have accomplished that I have to figure out where to begin....  Sometimes the struggle is very real.  Do I start in the upper corner or dead center on my pattern???  And more than a few times I have to get my sisters opinion on this.   Lets just say I can get a little nervous since I have had a few close calls on a project "fitting" onto the fabric.  Overall, I am normally excited about just starting a project. 

I have never been a stitcher that tries to figure out what I have planned for the upcoming year. This is something I am trying a little different also this year and I will be sharing those plans with you tomorrow. 

If you are interested in this People's Choice blogging SAL please feel free to check out the link here.  On the first Saturday of the month we have a theme that we post about... I look forward to this new adventure as well. 



4 comments:

Katie said...

Love how you check the threads out. Smart to be able to find the thread again if you need it. I remember a few times you've had the problem with fabric. That's very scary and I don't blame you for being extra careful now.

Your blog is looking great!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I like the idea of "checking out" the threads so you always know where they are.
I tend to work from one master set and make a Thread Card for each project with 1-2 strands of each colour kept with the project.

Ariadne said...

Good luck into the new year!AriadnefromGreece!

FlashinScissors said...

Hi Janet, Visiting you from Katie’s blog.
Great idea for keeping track of those skeins of thread!
Like Jo, I usually take a length from a skein and keep the skein in my system, but I have to confess only today I’m searching for skeins I think I bought recently and kept with new projects and now cannot find! So although my storage ranges from boxes to rolls in future I will be sure to use a marker when removing skeins. Thanks for the idea!
Nice to meet you!
Barbara x

August WIPocalypse

Its that time of the month again, where I check in with this group that is doing the WIPocalypse SAL  You can check out the other posts here...