Monday, January 21, 2019

Update Monday on Hobbies

This weekend Winter Storm Harper came rolling into our area.  On Friday before the storm rolled in I took my daughter prom dress shopping.  And she said yes to the dress...


Hobby time kicked of Saturday morning with the final row being sewn on the tshirt blanket now I just have to sew all the rows together.


 As far as my cross stitching goes this week I had a finish of A Year of Celebration's January.


Then a small section of the in the Butterfly Afghan was worked on... I almost have another section finished.  I really am enjoying working on this gift from my mom.  It helps with the missing of her.


My last project I worked on this weekend is my "Stitching Fairy".  I always feel like it is slow going starting out projects.  


This is a long weekend for me so on this Monday, my husband and I did a bunch of errands.  I had a wonderful weekend and look forward to the upcoming week.  Thank you for stopping by to see how things are going.  I hope you have a good week also.

Oh one last picture of my stitching buddy,Opie..

6 comments:

Katie said...

The t-shirt quilt is really coming together. Looks great how you have it laid out. Congrats on the January finish. I'm going to do mine next year and I will pout all year watching other people finish them haha. The butterfly afghan looks fantastic. What a great gift. Love the fairy too. Have a great week. Thanks for throwing a pic of Opie in....too adorable!

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

Your daughter looks beautiful! That dress is dreamy.

Loved all your stitchy updates and that quilt is coming along nicely too.

I hope you and yours stay warm and safe!

Faith... said...

What a pretty daughter and dress! I hope she has fun at the prom. The quilt looks fantastic and I LOVE your January finish! What a cute stitching buddy!

Astrids dragon said...

What a beautiful dress, I love the colour.
That blanket is going to be amazing, it's huge!
Lovely stitching, January is adorable.
Opie is precious, he looks like the perfect stitching buddy.

Julie said...

A lovely dress your daughter chose.
Butterflies are so lovely, your stitching of them is beautiful.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely prom dress, she could wear the tshirt blanket as a cloak if it gets cold LOL. I love the idea of making them into a keepsake item.
Nice work on the stitching and your little helper!

August WIPocalypse

Its that time of the month again, where I check in with this group that is doing the WIPocalypse SAL  You can check out the other posts here...