Monday, July 29, 2019

July WIPocalypse



Time really is flying by...... July was a crazy busy month. Before jumping into stitching I would like to give a small life update.  This month was 8 years of marriage for us (July 9th).  We were both on vacation for the week, doing a couple day trips and time together and dinner for our actually day. Our teens,  all have jobs for the summer so we all stay very busy.  This is definitely an active stage for our family.

Now I want to jump into my stitching.  I participate in a SAL called WIPocalypse and if you would like to check out the others that do this SAL blog also you can go here. This month I did a challenge on Facebook that had me working on may projects again.  I enjoy pushing myself to not just work on one project and have variety.  I want to start out with the couple of finishes I was able to get done this month. 

A Year of Celebration from Hands of Designs followed by A Quote of the Month from Stoney Creek.      
Friends, I am also excited to show you the additional 4 finishes I have done this month.  I still need to fully finish them but here goes.....
 These little 4 charts are seasonal ones.

    Children need...  I had so much funs stitching this chart I say something very similar to this to my children  We have given them roots to grow and wings to fly.

Sorry this pictures is hard to see but this chart is Moon and Back by Heart In Hand.  I really enjoyed stitching this piece.  It was quick but I love the little details.

This quick stitch I just knocked out this weekend.  It is a freebie from Hands On Designs.





 Hocus Pocus is a Waxing Moon Designs. I am enjoying watching this one come together.







Bringing Home the Tree by Sue Hillis Designs.  Okay so this one has been a struggle.  I dyed this fabric and it has made it harder to get stitch.  So because of that I will only doing part of this chart, but I think I will still be happy with how it turns out.  I keep you posted about it....




                          
I am participating in a couple mystery stitches.  These really are exciting to see what will be released next.  I have made some changes to "Emerald City" but not to "Hello Pumpkin". 
 


The last stitching I am excited to share is my Harry Potter piece.  I have stitched everyday during the month of June and July.  I decided to stitch it over 1 on a 28ct piece.  To be honest I have had thoughts about maybe never getting this done.  Ugh.... But I am still plugging along.  I am even going to keep stitching daily on it for now.  Wish me luck!!!!


That wraps up the stitching I have been doing in July.  I am enjoying the variety of stitching I am doing because of participating in the #24hourchallenge group on Facebook. 

One last thing to put out there is every month we are given a question to answer if we would like...

Question of the Month: How do you get yourself out of a stitching drought?

I have struggled with this off and on through the years.  Sometimes I feel it has just been the chapter in my life were I just can't make time to stitch.  Then when my mother died in 2017,  I struggled wanting to feel her close to me again.  She was a Stitcher also, 11 years ago she gave me an afghan for these butterfly charts I wanted to stitch....  so I got it out to finally start.  I feel so much love from her when I stitch on it.  So that is what got my out of my last drought. 

I want to thank anyone that stops by to check out my blog.  I really do love reading your comments and reading your blogs.  So until next time....keep on stitching.



5 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow! So many projects stitched on this month, and not just by adding a few stitches either. You're definitely not in a stitching slump at the moment! Looking forward to seeing what August delivers. :)

Katie said...

So many beautiful pieces. Glad to see you've been stitching a lot.

FlashinScissors said...

Well done with all your stitching Janet, and many congratulations on your 8th Anniversary!
You put me to shame with all your stitching ..... I started joining in with WIPocolypse this year but sadly haven’t kept up with it ..... not that I haven’t been stitching, just so many other projects I couldn’t help but make! I even have a WIPocolypse post sort of ready but now I need to update it! Tee hee!
Well it was nice to visit, perhaps I’ll get back to my cross stitch shortly!
Barbara x

Astrids dragon said...

Congratulations on your anniversary, I'm glad you got to go out and enjoy it!
You have some lovely finishes and I really love to the Moon and Back.
The fabric you dyed looks great and it's perfect with the truck. Both of the mystery stitches are coming along beautifully, very tempting!
Look at your HP, it's looking wonderful so far!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work. I love Moon and Back. I say that to my son!

August WIPocalypse

Its that time of the month again, where I check in with this group that is doing the WIPocalypse SAL  You can check out the other posts here...