Monday, January 14, 2019

Update Monday on Hobbies

It has been a busy week and weekend so lets bring you up to speed.

My fabric for my scheduled projects for the year came in so I finally got that all sorted out.  This allowed me to get my projects kitted up.  That took a lot of time this weekend but I am happy that it is done. 

I also tried to come up with a schedule of how I am going to stitch these projects.  We will see how that goes I usually only have 2 or 3 projects at a time going. This is a first for me of trying to predict what I will do in a year, fingers crossed I can do this.

I was able to finally get the beading/buttons done on a couple projects I have just recently finished stitching.  They are "Be Happy" by Shepherd's Bush and "Cupcake Sampler" by Casey Buonaugurio. 




I was able to start "Stitching Fairy" by Joan Elliott Designs.  This was a gift at a retreat I went to a few years ago.  (Bonus is that it is a signed copy!!!)
 


Lastly, I started my 3rd square on my Butterfly Afghan. 

I am bummed that I didn't get more stitching time we had the perfect weather to do it.  But I have this big project I am trying to pull off for my daughters graduation.  She has like 70 t-shirts from activities growing up that I am making into a blanket for her.  I literally am teaching myself how to do this via You Tube and Google.  So this weekend I put some time into working on this also.  I am attaching a beginning picture of the blanket.

I hear they are predicting another big snow storm for next weekend so I am hoping to get the blanket into the final stages.  AND I need some stitching time so I am looking forward to that....   But first I am moving forward into this week.  I hope you have a wonderful week also.

6 comments:

Katie said...

Hiya chickie. It's fun to have a general idea of what you want your focus to be. I'm glad you have the fabric sorted and ready to go. I just love the Be Happy design. Too cute. Congrats on those finishes. Good luck on your new fairy WIP and the butterfly afghan is going great. I love the idea of the t-shirt quilt. How cool! Lizzie will love it!! I'm hoping for the big one this weekend. A weekend full of stitching. Plus it's IHSW so that coordinates well.

Faith... said...

Great finishes Janet! Can't wait to see more of your butterfly wuilt.

I "plan" on doing a t-shirt quilt for my son which will also be a self taught project so I will be very interested in watching your progress.

Astrids dragon said...

So nice to meet you via Katie!
I love your Be Happy and Cupcake Sampler, so sweet. I hope your tshirt blanket turns out, I'd love to make one for my boys one day.

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

Your blanket for your daughter is AMAZING! your two smalls are lovely and you may be enabling me to buying one or both!

Julie said...

Such a wonderful gift you are creating in the blanket, that will be so special.
Be Happy is beautiful, a reminder that spring is not that far away.

FlashinScissors said...

Great finishes, Janet!
Have fun with the T-shirt quilt, it looks quite a project!
Nice start on your “Stitching Fairy”!
Barbara x

August WIPocalypse

Its that time of the month again, where I check in with this group that is doing the WIPocalypse SAL  You can check out the other posts here...