Monday, January 28, 2019

Update Monday on Hobbies

I am over the moon proud about my accomplishment on this t-shirt blanket for my daughter.  This weekend I completely finished sewing the top together!!!!  I am ready to take it to the quilters.  This truly was a labor of love.  My daughter has been saving t-shirt since about 2 yrs old. (Okay I may have helped in the younger years.) Anyway she had about 70 t-shirts that were memories she wanted added to this blanket.  I did so much research on making these blankets and I kept coming up against statements that I should only do about 12 shirts.  So I had to make this happen on my own with just the basic instructions on getting the t-shirts ready to be sewn.  I told my daughter this is one of my proud moments in life that I did this.  The only sad part about it was that I wanted to share my joy with my mom and I can't....  My daughter sat there and pointed out t-shirt that were from nana taking her to this or being at that event.  So we just enjoyed out reflecting time.  ( We lost my mom/ her nana on Nov 3, 2017.)  


The other update I have is I did finish a 3rd square on my Butterfly Afghan. 


I am also including a pic of where I got to on my Quote of the Month by Stoney Creek.


That is pretty much it for the week.  So thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a great week.

9 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

What a beautiful quilt and a treasure for your daughter.

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous memory quilt for your daughter. You stitching is looking great and coming right along.

Katie said...

Janet I just LOVE the quilt. How cool! Your mom is proud of you. You know she is. She is watching over you both. You rock! Love your two WIPs too. Great job finishing up the 3rd afghan block. Looks great!

Meari said...

I had no idea you had a blog!

Congrats on your tshirt quilt. It looks great, as do your XS WIP's.

I tried to subscribe to your blog via email but I got a message that you don't have the feature enabled?

Astrids dragon said...

Your almost quilt looks amazing and how wonderful that you have so many memories to go with it. Treasure them.
More sweet butterflies and January is coming along nicely!

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

You brought tears to my eyes when I read that your mother is not longer with you, but it a joy to know that you and your daughter still have her being part of the quilt. That quilt is AMAZING!

Still LOVING the butterfly afghan and WOW on the January piece...looking forward to seeing more of that one.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The quilt is a fabulous idea. I love that your daughter remembers each of the shirts and they have memories of her Grandma too.
Daffycat who runs the TUSAL did a similar one for her husband, you should check out her blog for photos.

StitchThrifty said...

Beautiful work! I love the Stoney Creek Inspirational pattern. That quilt be treasured forever by your daughter. Happy making and have a good week.

Julie said...

A quilt filled with treasured memories, a very special gift for you to make and your daughter to receive.

August WIPocalypse

Its that time of the month again, where I check in with this group that is doing the WIPocalypse SAL  You can check out the other posts here...