Wednesday, January 2, 2019

My Story

My Story

Sometimes I wonder where to start and I also know that I will miss parts of my story.  What can I say, that's just me..

So here goes as best as I can.  I was born on May 23, 1971 at Ball Memorial Hospital in Muncie, Indiana.  I lived the first 17 years of my life in Selma, IN.  I feel I had a pretty normal childhood.  My father worked and my mother stayed home to take care of us girls.  I am the middle child with one older and one younger sister.  

My younger years were mainly just school and family activities.  I was a Brownie in the Girl Scouts, I played soccer for couple of years, and I cared a great deal about my grades.   I truly enjoyed school all the way...even into college.  

We moved in the summer of 1988 to Huntington, Indiana.  I lived there for the next 27 years of my life.

In 1995, I became employed full time at General Motors and  for 3 years I worked on the production line.  In 1998, I started an apprenticeship into Carpentry this placed me into skilled trades.  (I am now a millwright because of reclassification.)

In 2000, I gave birth to my beautiful daughter, Lizzie.   I love being a mother and enjoyed all the adventures that this brought into my life.   I loved doing this mom thing even though I was a single mom.  My amazing mother was my rock during all of this.  Because of her my daughter was blessed with always having her family with her. 

In 2007, I finally knew I had to do something to take care of my health.  So I researched and had gastric bypass surgery.  This changed my life forever!!!  I was 350# when I started this path and from the surgery and the "golden" year after I was able to get down to 175#. (I fell in love and gained some of that weight back.)

In 2008, I met the man who would become my husband and began another chapter in my life.  My husband, Jeff,  is a wonderful man and we have had so many adventures together also.  We were married in July 2011.  This was a blending of our 2 little families, he has 2 boys and my one daughter.  Jeff adopted my daughter in March 2012.  And his 2 boys, Logan and Dylan, came to live with us permanently in March 2017 .  So we now have a house full of teenagers.

We were blessed to be able to build a home in the Fall on 2015 in Jeff's hometown, Ossian, IN.  I love the small town we now live in!!!

I am know there are many holes in this story and  I hope to fill in as they pop up.  But for now this is me....



So welcome to my life. I look so forward to sharing this journey called life!!!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Great first post. Perfect explanation of who you are to start. Can't wait to see what your blog becomes.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice to meet you! We appear to have followed a similar path within a few years of each other but across the Pond!

ps I don't return to blogs to check comments, so if you do reply, could you do so by email not here as I will miss it!

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

Welcome to Blogger and you and your family are BEAUTIFUL!

August WIPocalypse

Its that time of the month again, where I check in with this group that is doing the WIPocalypse SAL  You can check out the other posts here...