Sunday, January 6, 2019

2019 Kickoff to WIPocalypse

Let me explain what this is then I will dig into the details....  WIPocalypse is something that was started a few years back from a blogger/stitcher that made reference to the world ending...  WIP stands for work in progress. So this fun group is trying to get their stitching done before the end of the world. 

 If you want more details about it check it out here.  Basically, I am to have fun stitching, check in with group by posting update pictures and then participate in the Stitchers Bloggers Question. Oh and this is done on the Full Moon every month.  Totally my vibe!!!


Therefore to Kickoff 2019, I am to introduce myself, my projects, and any goals I have for the year.

Hello.  My name is Janet.  I am a wife and mother to 3 teenage kids. (1 girl and 2 boys).  If you would like more of the details click here. ( this is just my profile info) as for my stitching story.  I stitched my first piece when I was about 18 yrs old. 

Then didn't pick the hobby up again until I had my daughter when I was 29 yrs old.  I needed something to do when all she did was sleep.  My sister introduced me to a wonderful group of ladies call the Hoosier Stitchers.  They would get together once a month around Indiana and hold a retreat once or twice a year.  I love this group of ladies!!!  By this time I was hooked!!!  I have been on and off for almost 20 yrs now.  This is my first piece I stitched.  I still love it to this day, not sure why its not finished finished....


The projects I am planning for this year is a fairly large bit but I have the stitching bug right now so here goes.

  1. Butterfly Afghan- from the Stoney Creek Magazine.  There are 20 panels I started this project on Dec 23, 2018. 
      
  2. Quote of the Month - Stoney Creek Not started 
  3. A Year of Celebrations - Hands on Design Not started 
  4. Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter Time - New York Dreamer Not started
  5. Daisy - Nora Corbett Not started


  6. The Little Stitching Fairy - Joan Elliott Designs. Not started
  7. Harry Potter
I would be over the Full Moon if I get all these done in 2019. 

My only other goals are get some of my other finished really finished and displayed around my house. Other than cross stitching related goals....  After I finish my daughters T-shirt quilt for her graduation gift, I would love to relearn to crochet and learn to quilt we will see.





7 comments:

Claudette497 said...

Welcome back to blogland - your projects look great! I look forward to seeing your progress through the year!

Gwen said...

Good luck with your goal/plans for 2019 stitching. You have picked some very nice projects.

Katie said...

Great kickoff post! Your first piece is too cute. Love your goals this year. I see you found the last New York Dreamer piece. You know I love this set and the quote of the month ones too. I will enjoy cheering you along.

Julie said...

Hello Janet ...hopped over from Katie's blog. Waving to you from over the pond. Good luck with your plans for this years stitching. I'll look forward to visiting to see how you are getting on.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great projects for the year. I am a sucker for a series of months or seasons!

Love Nora Corbett and Joan Elliott too. I just finished the smaller Reading Fairy by Joan last year so I'm looking forward to seeing your Stitching Fairy.

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

Your list of projects is incredible!

FlashinScissors said...

Hi Janet,
It’s been nice to read about you.
Good luck with all the projects you have planned for this year.
Barbara x

August WIPocalypse

Its that time of the month again, where I check in with this group that is doing the WIPocalypse SAL  You can check out the other posts here...