Sunday, April 7, 2019

People's Choice...Speciality Stitches

Hello...I am little late but on the first Saturday of the month I participate in a blog SAL.  The People's Choice is where we are given a topic to explore.  If you would like to check out the others that are doing this along with me you can go here.


The topic for the month of April is....Speciality Stitches


One of the first series I stitched were these monthly banners that had a speciality stitch on everyone.  I made them and gave them to my mom.  She has since passed away but my father asked if he could still display them.  So that was a solid yes, if he remembers to change them out every month they are still there for his enjoyment.  I do not have a picture to share with you at this time though.  Sorry.

The next thing that came to mind that I have stitched with speciality stitches are my needle rolls by Shepherds Bush.  I have 3 fully finished and 2 more that I am slowly working on.  I love these little projects!!!


I wish I could say I love all speciality stitches but I still can not master the french knot....ugh I usually will place a bead on the chart for this stitch. 

I hope you enjoyed this quick little post.  I so love these topics every month.  Have a great week and happy stitching....

10 comments:

Ariadne said...

You have made some beautiful things there. I can't do French knots either.AriadnefromGreece!

Pamela said...

The needlerolls are very pretty!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I love those little needlerolls, a lovely series.
I'm not a fan of French Knots either but I can do them. Unlike lazy daisies which defeat me every time!

Julie said...

Sweet collection of needlerolls.

Mini said...

The needle rolls are beautiful. May be you can try getting picture of the monthly banners when you visit your father next.

Rachel said...

I'm with you on french knots! The needle rolls are lovely. Good luck finishing the others. :)

Clare-Aimetu said...

I quite enjoy doing French knits, took me a few years to get the technique though. Lovely needlerolls :-)

Katie said...

Your sister was so addicted to needle rolls for awhile. Love the ones you did. Beautiful!! How awesome your dad wanted to keep the set you made. That has to make you feel fantastic. Have a great week!!

Meari said...

Your needle rolls are very pretty.

After doing hundreds of FK's on a Geisha I finished for a stitching friend, I'm a pro. LOL JG is filled with lots of other specialty stitches. Thankfully, no FK's!

Astrids dragon said...

They look great! Now the French knot is one I can handle! I haven't tried much else.

August WIPocalypse

Its that time of the month again, where I check in with this group that is doing the WIPocalypse SAL  You can check out the other posts here...