Monday, April 1, 2019

March WIPocalypse

Hey its the last Sunday of the month and that means I get to check in with my SAL for WIPocalypse.  For information about this fun SAL you can check it out here.  And here is a link if you would like to see others that are participating in this months check in.  This month we were doing an additional challenge of one stitch a day on a focus project.  I chose my Little Stitching Fairy.  This is what she looked like at the beginning of the month.
For me it was fun to dive in and once I got started I was kindof driven to see how far I could get on her this month.  I still finished my 2 little monthly series I do every month but I am blown away with how far I have gotten on my Stitching Fairy. I unfortunately i got a stain on this corner of this piece I am trying to get out so we will see how that goes.



One of the fun things about this monthly SAL is we have the option to answer a question each month.  Here is the question for this month.  *** What newer designers and product creators (fabric or floss dyeing, etc) out there have you discovered and recommend?

I have discovered many new designers but they are really just new to me.  With Thy Needle and Thread, Drawn Thread, Carriage House Sampling, Country Cottage Needleworks, Little House Needleworks, and Silver Creek Sampling.  I have really enjoyed collecting some patterns!!!  I will see how and when I can fit them into my stitching.  I really want to get to the point that I am stitching on more than one piece at a time. 

Well until next time...keep enjoying your stitching.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Wohoo! You definitely got a lot done. Great job. Hopefully the stain is far enough away from the stitching it will be okay. There are so many designers out there and they just keep doing beautiful pieces that must be added to our stash.

OhSewCrafty said...

Lovely progress, she looks amazing! I don't see the stain in your pic. Maybe you can frame it with a mat close to the stitching to cover, if necessary.

Julie said...

You've whizzed along with this one this month

Astrids dragon said...

She's looking great! I hope you can get the stain out.

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

It's like it magically appeared! So beautiful :D

August WIPocalypse

Its that time of the month again, where I check in with this group that is doing the WIPocalypse SAL  You can check out the other posts here...