Monday, April 29, 2019

April WIPocalypse

OMG.... this month has flown by that means it is time to check in with my loving group for the WIPocalypse.  The last Sunday of every month I am part of a SAL that you can find here if you want to see the other peoples blogs that are participating also.  My update this month on what I have been stitching is kindof a blur but here goes.  

I start out every month with the Year of Celebration charts.  This is fully finished.  I love these little charts.  I also do the Stoney Creek Collection Monthly Series.

 The Children Need... I have been plugging away at this chart.  I has been fun but a struggle because the chart is hard to read but I do love how it is turning out. 
 Stitching Fairy beads are finally on this piece and I was able to get the stains out.  This picture doesn't do it justice the lighting was horrible.
















  I had these stitched years ago but finally fully finished it.  Again bad lighting.  I love how it turned out though.

 I am also participating in the Owl Forest Embroidery Mystery SAL.  Every 3 weeks part of the free chart is release.  Here is the first part out of eleven.  I made a few changes and I look forward to doing little tweaks to make it my own.  It is called Emerald City. 

The Wizard of Oz was a childhood movie that my family would watch yearly.  Making a big bowl of popcorn and settling in for the movie with my family is a cherished memory.







Project finish is happening tonight with the Stitchy Kitty paws.  I have had these in my drawer for years.  Wish me luck and I will share next month.




















So for this month our special question is Talk to us about your longest-running WIP or UFO.

I don't really have a long running WIP I usually stay on my projects until they are done.  That is because I usually stitch one project at a time.  I am getting ready to challenge that way of doing things.  I have decided to take part of Stitch Maynia on my terms.  I will be doing a start every Friday during the month of May.  I am excited and nervous at the same time.  So with all my bravery I am stepping out of my comfort zone and doing multiple projects.

Until next time Happy Stitching!!!!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Great progress for the month; they all look fab!
Good luck with your new starts. I hope stepping out of your comfort zone by having a few WIPs doesn't cause you too much stress! If you keep them small then they will stitch up in no time and you can return to being a OAAT stitcher again.

Loretta said...

Lovely stitching!!! Good luck with your Stitch Maynia plans.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice work on April's WIPs. I love the Wizard of Oz design, a little too cute for me to stitch but I am enjoying everyone else's versions!
I've decided to continue with the 31 smalls I started last year for Maynia.

Astrids dragon said...

I love your April stitches, they look great and so do your biscornus!
I hope you're framing your Fairy soon, it looks fantastic.
I remember watching The Wizard of Oz every year too, this is a fun stitch.
I love all those paws, I can't wait to see what you do with them!

August WIPocalypse

Its that time of the month again, where I check in with this group that is doing the WIPocalypse SAL  You can check out the other posts here...