Monday, February 18, 2019

Week Wrap Up

Hello and welcome back.  So I have been doing a Monday blog on just hobby updates but sometimes my best plans of stitching on a weekend do not go as planned....   Ugh.  Now I am deciding to just do a recap of the week the best I can.  LOL



I have been back from vacation for a whole week and let me just say the struggle is real.  I did not want to cook this week at all it seems and that is really not a choice with 3 teenagers at home.  I guess the all inclusive resort we were at spoiled by butt alot.  Well we made it through and no one starved to death.



My kids missed a couple days of school this week due to weather.  They have to do something called elearning on days that are canceled and they just HATE it.  There is no such thing as a SNOW day around here any more.  These kids truly are missing out of the joy of snow days but it goes along with the change of times.



Then Friday night my husband had a few people over to play golf in the garage.  If I can find a picture I will post it here.  But basically he has a golf simulator that he can use that makes him feel like he is on a golf course.  They had so much fun!!!



Saturday and Sunday I was able to get some stitching in...  I worked on my Stitching Fairy was happy to start the wings. 

I had a finish with February "Year of Celebration" and then I did some fully finishes. (Saving those for later.)   I am so excited about that!!  I watch Priscilla & Chelsea-The Real Housewives of Cross Stitch on Flosstube and all I can say is they inspire me to do things myself.  It is amazing how you can get a boost of confidence from them.  



Oh I had a visitor in Sunday for a few hours.  My sister came over for most of the afternoon and we stitched!!!  I also was showing her flosstube.  We do not get to see each other often so it was a very nice visit. I wish I would have taken a picture :(



So that is that for my week....  Thank you for stopping by and I look forward to hearing from you and chat with you next week.  Hugs and Kisses....

5 comments:

Julie said...

Stitching Fairy is a sweet design.

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

Love that fairy! It is coming along slowly but surely like all stitching does :D

Clare-Aimetu said...

It sounds like you had a fun weekend all told. I used to wish for snow days when I was teaching, it's not the same now we're retired. Your fairy is a lovely design.

Katie said...

I get in that mood a lot. Stupid food won't prepare itself haha. Well I guess ordering pizza counts haha. At least the kiddos don't have to make up the days. Ft Wayne Community still doesn't have elearning days so they will have to make several days up. I guess the parents are really demanding elearning days. Love your fairy. Beautiful! Can't wait to see your finishes. I look forward to seeing what you created. How cool that your sis came over. Good to hear. Have a great week girl! Love ya!!

Astrids dragon said...

Sounds like a good week so far, in spite of having to make dinner again!
I wish they did elearning here, instead they just add days to the end of the school year.
Your Stitching Fairy looks good so far, that's a cute one.

August WIPocalypse

Its that time of the month again, where I check in with this group that is doing the WIPocalypse SAL  You can check out the other posts here...