Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Traveling....

I got to thinking with my recent vacation.... where have I traveled to and where else do I want to travel to?  


I know that I have been blessed to have traveled outside of the USA but I also treasure my trips within this great country.  When it comes to outside the USA, I have only been to Mexico and just inside Canada.  So world traveler I am not....  Sometimes I dream about traveling the world but other times I am like "Why?" there are still so many places I want to go inside the USA.  At one time I thought it would be so cool to get to all 50 states.  I still think about doing that sometimes. 

Again, I realize how blessed I am for that.  I remember my childhood.... my parents took us kids on 2 vacations that I remember so many details about.  The first was to Cincinnati, Ohio.  I was 9 years old we went to the a Reds game (baseball), the zoo, and Kings Island (amusement park).  Then when I was 15 years old, we went to Florida for our Christmas vacation.  We went to Kennedy Space Center, Disney world, then rented a condo on the Gulf side to finish up that vacation.  I treasure those memories so much, I know my dad had to work very hard to pull off those vacations for us girls.

At one point with my job I would travel a different major city in the USA every year that was so much fun.  They would pay for everything for me, I looked forward to this trip every year.  Then once my daughter was born her and my parents would fly in to stay part of the week with me at that destination. So we would get to go out and explore. 

Its funny how my thoughts go from wanting to explore the world to just my little piece of the world.  Even now I have a list in my phone of places I want to take my kids to see knowing that we will see little pieces of this beautiful world.  But I would not be honest if I didn't also say that I look forward to my vacations where I stay home and just take a break from the everyday life schedule.

Some of my self reflections have came about because of me doing this blog thing.  When I read other blogs and how people just slow down and enjoy there weekend/weeks at home it makes me realize that even in this chapter of my life I have to slow down enough to take in the moments.  So that is where I am at.... taking in the moments but also dreaming big because that is just who I am.  


Where do you like to travel?  What are your favorite spots? I look forward to hearing what you have to say. 

Until next time....I hope you have a great weekend/week.                 Much Love!!!

3 comments:

Astrids dragon said...

I love traveling, but like sticking close to home too. Growing up, my Dad worked for the World Bank, so we got to go on home leave every two years. I have such wonderful memories of being in Europe, especially Britain. I would love to bring my family to some of those places, hopefully one of these days.
It sounds like you have great memories too!

Katie said...

You know I can talk for hours about this topic haha. I love traveling. I stick to the US though. I love going anywhere that I can travel with my family. Showing Jeremiah new aquariums, museums, forts, and places like that are so much fun. It's amazing the places we've been and the things we can talk about now. You've made great memories with your daughter. Keep it up. Just enjoy life! It's too short.

Julie said...

I am one of those rare people that doesn't have a passport so I stay in the UK. There are so many places here that I have never seen before even though we are a small island. I like home as well!

August WIPocalypse

Its that time of the month again, where I check in with this group that is doing the WIPocalypse SAL  You can check out the other posts here...