Monday, March 11, 2019

Week Wrap Up


I took an extra day off from work and enjoyed a much needed long weekend.  I have accomplished a lot of stitching and a few other fun projects.

This month a blog I follow is doing a focus cross stitch project basically...I pick a project, do one stitch a day.  But this usually leads to more stitching on it.  My choice is The Little Stitching Fairy.

March 1
 
March 10
 Then yesterday my sister came over, we did some fabric dying and of course stitching.

Here is a sample of the fabrics...  I love how these turned out.  I will be doing this again.  I did try ice dying but that was a fail and I didn't save that piece.

I have a new start using one of these pieces of fabric.
Children Needs...

I felt the desire to do a little work on my Butterfly Afghan.  I finished up the word on one square.


Then today is my last day off of work, I did a little run to Michaels.  I am trying to help my house move into spring.  I made this tulip wreath that was inspired from Priscilla of The Real Housewives of Cross Stitch.


Lastly the mail came today when I was typing this up and my order from 123 Stitch came so here is my  stitchy mail.  Yes, Flosstube does cause me a few problems...

It feels so good to have the sun shining and the feeling that spring is right around the corner.  So until next time keep on stitching.

<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/19682149/?claim=9a7dwjt5kmd">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

8 comments:

Sheryl said...

Great work on the Little Stitching Fairy and clever girl with your fabric dying. I have only ever done dying with tea and wouldn´t do that again if you then can´t wash the item. That butterfly afghan looks pretty.

Katie said...

Wow your fairy is really flying along. Fantastic progress! Love the fabrics you girls dyed. Perfect colors. Great new start. Glad the afghan called to you. Just wait and you'll hear it more. The wreath you made turned out fantastic. Looks great on your door!! Fantastic stash haul.

Julie said...

The fairy has grown lots! Love this tulip wreath. New stash .... that's nice mail to receive.

Linda said...

Hi Janet. I just found your blog through the FFG post. I love the fabric you dyed. I'm not brave enough to try it. Great new stash. Nice progress on the fairy. If you have a chance stop by my blog. https://bengalcatlover10.blogspot.com/

Looking forward to going back through your posts.

Linda

Rachel said...

Great progress and fabric dyeing (I tried dyeing fabric once but it was an utter fail and faded in the sun!) Your stash haul looks good; there will probably be many more now that you are finding lots of blogs! :)

Carol said...

Hi Janet--Just popping in to say thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! I'm happy to have found yours, too :) Love your stitching and pretty wreath and your new stash--you'll have many hours of happy stitching with all of those!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice work on the fabric dyeing. I like the blue grey in the bottom right corner. I've tried tea dyeing and also fruit tea dyeing which makes the fabric smell lovely when you stitch in it!
Nice work on your Joan Elliott Fairy too.

Astrids dragon said...

Your fairy is coming along beautifully!
How fun that you have your sister join you in dying fabric, they turned out great.

August WIPocalypse

Its that time of the month again, where I check in with this group that is doing the WIPocalypse SAL  You can check out the other posts here...