Monday, May 27, 2019

May WIPocalypse

I feel like I say it every month.....  I can't believe how fast this month flew by.  On the last Sunday of the month is a check in for my WIPocalypse SAL.  If you would like to learn about it you can go here.  If you are interested in other bloggers participating you can check them out here.

At the beginning of 2019, I listed projects that I was going to work on during the year.  So far I have been doing fairly well....then Maynia hit.  I have never participated in Stitch Maynia but I wanted to try it this year.  I made the decision to have 5 new starts during the month, one for each Wednesday.  This also is giving me more WIPs then I have ever had.

But first lets bring you up to day on my 2019 planned projects.  I have stayed up-to-date on my two monthly charts.  A Year of Celebrations and Quote of the Month.  Other than that I have not worked on anything that was schedule for the year.  Last month I started a mystery SAL called Emerald City and this month I started Hello Pumpkin as a mystery SAL.  Here are pictures of these pieces.





Now onto Maynia...  I started with 4 little pieces I call Season,  I did get spring done and a couple stitches in for each of the other seasons. The next piece is called Cute Pajamas by Sue Hillis Designs.


Next up was Hocus Pocus by Waxing Moon Designs followed by Bringing Home the Tree by Sue Hillis Designs.
Last up for Maynia will be Moon and Back by Heart in Hand. I will be starting this today.

Each month we are given a quick question to answer so there goes....
Question of the Month: Where do you love to shop for stash?

In such a short time this has changes a bit.  I have a local shop Stitch 'N Frame in Fort Wayne, Indiana  that I have used for 18 years then I started attending a Retreat in southern Indiana so I was introduced to Fancy Works in Bloomington, Indiana.  I have also ordered online from 123Stitch.  But I just discovered this little shop in Finley, Ohio that I am in love with also it is the Craft Gallery.  So I just get my stash from many places now. 

Other cross stitch related stuff to share...I fully finishes these cute little seasonal paws.
Then of course I have to share my haul with you.  This is an order I placed with 123stitch.com and lastly my fabric the month from Colour and Cotton.



Outside of Cross Stitching my daughter graduated high school and we had her party this month.  I am so proud of her and happy that she had a very good turn out. 



This upcoming month I am looking forward to a couple challenges I will be taking part of...0 first is the one for this group.  I will be stitching on a Harry Potter piece everyday with the goal of finishing by the end of July for this June/July challenge.  The second challenge I will be taking part in is a group on Facebook called #24hoursofcrossstitch This is a first for me so I shall see how this goes. I am looking forward to both of these challenges.


Well that is it for this month and I look forward to reporting back next month.  Until then Happy Stitching!!!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Beautiful stitching. Glad you are being like me and working on a bunch of things at the same time. I understand that way of stitching better haha. Love all your new starts and new stash. Everything looks great indeed. Glad Lizzie's party went good. She deserved it. Love the paw prints finished up. Perfect! Good luck on your challenges.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely post, you did very well with your Seasonal Maynia projects. The Wizard of Oz is looking good too.
I'd love to do the 24 hour cross stitch event but it's not possible with my son, he needs me to sleep! I do IHSW though and my own Marathon on The Longest Day. I'll be blogging about that soon so keep an eye out for the post!

Rachel said...

Glad you're enjoying the cross stitching community and have found some good places to shop and some enjoyable challenges to join in with; anything that encourages more stitching can only be good! :)

Astrids dragon said...

I love your finished stitching and all the projects you're working on are great! I really love the Season one, so pretty.
Those paws are adorable, are the patterns still being sold?
The patterns you purchased are lovely, more fun things to stitch.
Congratulations to your daughter, onto to adulthood!

August WIPocalypse

Its that time of the month again, where I check in with this group that is doing the WIPocalypse SAL  You can check out the other posts here...