Wednesday, August 28, 2019

August WIPocalypse

Its that time of the month again, where I check in with this group that is doing the WIPocalypse SAL  You can check out the other posts here.  Currently, I am so in love with my new way of stitching.  Forever, I was a one project at a time girl,  followed by  a couple going at on time.  Then I started following #24hourchallenge group on Facebook....  I am in love with stitching this way now.  I feel like I still keep myself in check with maybe 10 projects going.



I start out every month working on "A Year of Celebration" by Hands on Design along with the Stoney Creek Collections "Quote of the Month".

Then I just move onto the SAL's I have going.  I am working on Hello Pumpkin by Caterpillar Cross Stitch and Emerald City by Owl Forest Embroidery.  I love these mystery stitches, but not sure that I could do more than these two and keep up with it.  Here are what these are looking like.

I have been stitching on Sue Hillis Designs "Bringing Home the Tree"  I am calling this a finish do to I am just over it.  The fabric I dyed made the holes to tight and I am going to just make small pillow or something.  Long story short I am calling this a finish. 

"Autumn Times" by New York Dreamer is another finish for me this month.  I am enjoying working on this series as well.


I started another new series by Hands on Designs called "Chalk Full"  This series is close to my heart because I was raised just outside of Muncie, Indiana and that is the home of the Ball Corporation. (Meaning Ball canning jars)
  Fun fun, then I think the last piece I am worked on this month was "Cute PJ's" by Sue Hillis Designs.  I just have one more pair of pj's to stitch and this will be ready to fully finish.  

So busy stitching month and I am enjoying switching up projects allowing me to see progress on several different things. Besides I can be moody and need to change it up from time to time.  Oh I almost forgot...I did stitch everyday on my Harry Potter again (3 months going)  but it is at work and I forgot to take a picture for you.  Next month I promise!!!!


Every month we are given a question to answer here is this months....


Question of the Month: What do you have on your stitching bucket list?  (for example, specific projects, designers, fibers, etc) 

I just added something to my stitching bucket list yesterday.  It is a design/kit from Russia that I am dying to get ordered.  The designer is Owl Forest Embroidery and the kit is...   "Sweet Home"Image result for sweet home by owl forest embroidery 

I would be over the moon to get this...we will see!!!


I think this just about wraps it up for this month.  I look forward to see what everyone else has been up to....  So until next time I hope you have love, peace, and stitching time in your life.












4 comments:

Rachel said...

Now, that's what I'd call a really successful month! Everything looks fantastic, including the Sue Hillis design which I wouldn't have known had been finished prematurely if you hadn't mentioned it. Working on a few projects at once is certainly paying dividends for you. :)

Katie said...

Wohoo look at you go girl. Fantastic work on everything!!!

Astrids dragon said...

All fabulous stitching and finishing! I really love your Autumn Times and the truck looks finished and good to me!
Chalk Full looks great so far, even better that it means so much to you.
Sweet Home is a nice one, I hope you get it sooner than later!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This method obviously works well for you, lots of lovely stitching.
I love the Emerald City in the Oz design.

August WIPocalypse

Its that time of the month again, where I check in with this group that is doing the WIPocalypse SAL  You can check out the other posts here...